Sufficient lubrication of the plunger is essential for die casting processes.
Plunger lubricants provide a smooth filling into the die while at the same time reducing energy consumption during the shot. The lifetime of both plungers and chamber is significantly enhanced.
- Ready-to-use formulation
- Oil-in-water emulsion containing waxes
- Excellent lubrication and creep behaviour
- Low material consumption
- Clean periphery thanks to water-soluble products
- Very good adhesion
- Homogeneous film providing excellent lubrication
- Best suited for high plunger temperatures
- Optimal emergency running properties
- Increased chamber life
- Allows for minimum quantity lubrication
- Available in various viscosities
- Wax-based containing further lubricating additives
- Good lubrication
- Suited for all common plunger sizes, especially for large diameters
- Minimized plunger wear
Application of Water-Based Plunger Lubricants
Our water-based plunger lubes can be adopted to your individual process conditions.
They are usually applied directly onto the plunger, this way providing optimal surface wetting. Application can be done both into the filling chamber and directly onto the plunger – depending on the casting process.
Application into the filling chamber die end
Application into the filling chamber plunger end
Application onto the plunger